Rules and guidelines
You can submit an abstract for a paper or an interactive session. Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
1. Rules and guidelines for Abstract for papers
- Abstracts must be submitted online via Conftool.
- The deadline for abstract submission is 18 June 2021, 23:59
- The abstract should give readers concise information about the content of the article and indicate the problem, the method used, the main results obtained and conclusions drawn. The abstract should be complete in itself; no tables, figures, references or displayed mathematical expressions should be included.
- Abstract title is limited to 12 words and abstract text should be 250-350 words.
- After the abstract has been accepted the authors will be invited to submit a full paper (maximum 8 pages) or a technical paper (maximum 5 pages), both either for Oral or Poster Presentation.
- Presentation Type/Submission Format – Abstract for paper may be submitted for Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation. The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted, and, if accepted, if it is suitable for full or technical paper and for oral or poster presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- During the submission process authors can select their preference for a presentation online (no physical presence) or onsite (in Rotterdam). This question is for organization purposes only. It will be possible to change this preference later according to the situation with covid-19 related issues and your personal preference.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications (including the website).
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts that have been previously presented at another similar congress cannot be submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
2. Rules and guidelines for Abstract for interactive session
Next to the parallel sessions with paper and poster presentations, the CLIMA congress will have three different types of interactive sessions
- Discussion forums – highly interactive sessions. At least 50 % of the time involves attendee interaction. Forums are discussion sessions among experts on trending topics, based for example on propositions or two different opinions. Forum can be organized offline or online and will take 1 hour. Submit the abstract proposal via Conftool.
- Seminars/Webinars – thematic, more scientific oriented sessions with room for discussion. The session starts with prepared presentations on a specific topic which do not have to be connected to any submitted paper. Significant time of the seminar should be left for the discussion and Q&A. Seminars which will be organized online are called Webinars. Seminars and webinars have the same rules/set-up and duration of 1 hour. Submit the abstract proposal via Conftool.
- Courses – the focus is more on practical learning and demonstration given by experts, such as new methods or software. Submit the abstract proposal via Conftool.
The duration of all three types of interactive sessions submitted via Conftool (offline and online) will be 60 minutes. In the submission you can indicate if you prefer to hold your session offline or online. All three session types belong to the scientific part of the congress and as such, will undergo a review process.
The abstract (m250- 350 words) should contain:
- Type of the session (Discussion forum – Seminar/Webinar – Course)
- Names of the chairperson and co-chairpersons
- Objective/Motivation (Please explain your motivation to organize an interactive session. Indicate a link to an international project/framework, if relevant)
- Interactivity (Please describe how you will make sure that this is an interactive session. Both offline and online.
- What is the focus of the session (Please explain the key learnings)
- Target audience
- Facilities or resources required for the session, if any and already known
- Proposed output/dissemination (video, presentations, short report,…)
If the abstract is accepted you will be asked to arrange the interactive session. Guidelines for this will be made available later.
3. Rules and guidelines for Full & technical papers
The maximum length of full (scientific) papers is 8 pages. The maximum length for technical papers is shorter -5 pages. Both are suitable for either oral or poster presentation.
The complete guidelines will be made available later in pdf format.
Submission not available yet